Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tuesday january 27- my amazing pickle!

We are dealing with some issues with Nikki at school- she has struggled the past months and is starting some testing for learning problems. Dan and I were feeling a little down about it tonight, and I remembered this great day we had last summer when we were in Alaska........Nikki, Brad and I hiked a mile UP a very narrow and steep trail to see this Glacier. I really didn't think she was capable of doing it ( I wasn't sure that I was capable!) it was so rocky and steep in places. She has some physical delays , but has made so much progress that not many people would know or notice it. So we started up the trail thinking that Dan and Elise had gone up ahead of us- and it was tough. I was scared of bears, as there had been some seen in the area earlier that day, i was worried we would get up to the top, and not be able to get back down ( that was more me, worrying about my knees!) I kept telling her she could do it, she kept telling me that I could do it....( and brad of course sprinted the whole way) and........we made it! It was so beautiful at the top- the glacier was amazing, the view stunning, but the best was the look on her face- she was so proud of herself and I was so proud of her too- there were days when I worried she would not walk when she was a baby, and she climbed a mountain that day. I knew that day ,she can handle whatever is coming her way.


No comments:

Post a Comment